Monday, March 8, 2010

Assigned a Group

We have been assigned a group. Our first group session at the Caring Place starts next Tuesday. The timing is good. The girls just asked over the weekend when can we go back to the Caring Place…now we know.

A couple people sent me emails about the Caring Place so here is some additional information. It’s a place where grieving family’s can go to express how they feel since everyone in attendance has experienced a loss.

Groups are created by the type of loss and the age of the people who have experienced the loss. Both girls will be in a separate group as well as myself. The rooms where they girls will go are age appropriate and they have areas when kids can play, make craft projects and talk about the person that they lost.

Families also make a piece of a memory quilt and then the pieces are all put together to make a quilt that is hung in the Caring Place. The adult group room is more like a family room where adults can talk and discuss how they are doing.

We are all looking forward to going…it will be good for all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inside Bill's Head -- Previously Known as (Inside the Head of a Grieving Single Dad)

In August of 2009 my wife Jennifer passed away from an Anaplastic Astrocytoma Brain Tumor. She was only 38 years old. She left me and our two little girls Abbie and Allie to continue life’s journey.

I promised her that I would NOT become angry and bitter about what happened...in order to do that I am attempting to write to express my thoughts and feelings.


This site is a place where I can express my thoughts, feelings and rants...