Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Problem Solver Part II

So this Entry really relates to yesterday’s entry entitled “Problem Solver”.

I went to lunch with a coworker today who is also one of my best friends to the local Chinese / Japanese restaurant. We have a good lunch, we always seem to entertain each other pretty well, and it comes time to get the check. As customary the waiter drops two fortune cookies, one for each of us with the check.

Here was my friend’s fortune – “A beautiful person is with you, confide your problems”.

My friend reads my blog…needless to say we both got a good laugh from it.


Prepping for Tomorrow…I’m anxious about going to the Caring Place tomorrow…and I know I shouldn’t be. But this is what I do...

What if they tell me I’m a bad parent, what if they tell me I’m doing this wrong and that wrong…how will the girls react, how will I react, blah, blah, blah…sometimes I just drive myself crazy.

I build up expectations and always seem to be disappointed somehow…wish me luck…I hope it all works out well…

1 comment:

  1. Bill, You will be in my thoughts as you take this important step with your girls. Let me also say this...Sometimes as parents we are much harder on ourselves than others would be or than we should be. You are doing an Amazing job with your girls and they are blessed to have you. I volunteer for Reading Challenge, a local thing where you volunteer your time reading to children at local elementary schools. I was reading to a group of kids this morning and they were so excited to have an adult reading stories to them. Afterward the librarian and I spent some time talking and she said that a lot of the kids there really are not read to at home and I thought about my own kids...about how much they have been read to (not only by my husband and I, but their Grandparents as well). It's not something I ever thought about as a "big deal", but as I look at the boys now with their noses in books, I realize we did something right... :). As a parent, sometimes it's the little things that matter the most. So be good to yourself and be proud of the Father that you are and you are becoming. Thoughts and prayers as always...Jenn

    ReplyDelete

Inside Bill's Head -- Previously Known as (Inside the Head of a Grieving Single Dad)

In August of 2009 my wife Jennifer passed away from an Anaplastic Astrocytoma Brain Tumor. She was only 38 years old. She left me and our two little girls Abbie and Allie to continue life’s journey.

I promised her that I would NOT become angry and bitter about what happened...in order to do that I am attempting to write to express my thoughts and feelings.


This site is a place where I can express my thoughts, feelings and rants...