Friday, February 26, 2010

Grief

FYI…this entry is a little dark…


Grief


It burns a hole in your heart and your mind…


Grief is uncontrollable; you never know when or how it will hit you…


It makes your mind race…and you second guess anything and everything…


Straight from Wikipedia

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Grief is a multi-faceted response to loss, particularly to the loss of someone or something to which a bond was formed. Although conventionally focused on the emotional response to loss, it also has physical, cognitive, behavioral, social, and philosophical dimensions. Common to human experience is the death of a loved one, whether it be a friend, family, or other companion. While the terms are often used interchangeably, bereavement often refers to the state of loss, and grief to the reaction to loss.



Bereavement, while a normal part of life, carries a degree of risk when limited support is available. Severe reactions to loss may carry over into familial relations and cause trauma for children, spouses and any other family members: there is an increased risk of marital breakup following the death of a child, for example. Issues of faith and beliefs may also face challenge, as bereaved persons reassess personal definitions in the face of great pain.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


One thing you should never say to a grieving person…”it will be okay”…or at least to THIS grieving person. My reply – “how do you know it will be okay”…then comes the awkward silence when no answer is present.


Understand that I hate this…I hate feeling this way…this is not who I am…it’s not the person that I was…it's not the person I want to be.


I dislike feeling this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inside Bill's Head -- Previously Known as (Inside the Head of a Grieving Single Dad)

In August of 2009 my wife Jennifer passed away from an Anaplastic Astrocytoma Brain Tumor. She was only 38 years old. She left me and our two little girls Abbie and Allie to continue life’s journey.

I promised her that I would NOT become angry and bitter about what happened...in order to do that I am attempting to write to express my thoughts and feelings.


This site is a place where I can express my thoughts, feelings and rants...