Monday, January 25, 2010

UPMC-Study

I have been participating in a study through UPMC - Mind-body Interactions in Neuro-oncology for Family Caregivers.

I was the main Caregiver for Jen through our entire experience. I offered to continue with the study even after her passing. I figure if the results can help others…then why not. I have to wear a device strapped to my arm 24 hours a day for three straight days. I take the device off only when I shower. The device monitors my heart rate, blood pressure and calculates different stress levels. Then afterwards I have to answer a series of questions in a phone interview.

The questions are basically about me and how I am doing physically and mentally. This past time was my first since Jen’s passing and the questions were very different.


For Example

- Knowing what I know now – would you still have married Jennifer?
- Would I still of wanted a family and had kids?
- Has your overall feelings towards Jennifer changed at all?
- Do you feel more or less love towards Jennifer


Really some tough and direct questions…I was a little taken back at first…I really hope some good comes from the study.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inside Bill's Head -- Previously Known as (Inside the Head of a Grieving Single Dad)

In August of 2009 my wife Jennifer passed away from an Anaplastic Astrocytoma Brain Tumor. She was only 38 years old. She left me and our two little girls Abbie and Allie to continue life’s journey.

I promised her that I would NOT become angry and bitter about what happened...in order to do that I am attempting to write to express my thoughts and feelings.


This site is a place where I can express my thoughts, feelings and rants...