Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The Holidays

Well, I made it…the holidays are over! I honestly believe that the girls had a good Christmas. We talked about Jen and the girls did get sad a few times but I assured them that she (Jen) was watching and smiling. In a weird way New Years Eve was harder then Christmas Eve. On Christmas Eve I was up late wrapping presents. I didn’t get to bed until after 2:00am. I coordinated the wrapping paper (Just like Jen use to). I answered the letter that the girls left for Santa, ate the cookies…you get the idea. I continued on all the traditions that the girls were use to so it kept me very busy.

New Years Eve was different...their wasn’t a ton of things to do and my mind just wondered. I found myself thinking of the past 15 New Years Eve’s and of course that just brings back even more memories…they tend to hit me like a tidal wave sometimes.

I’m glad 2009 is over…good riddance - without a doubt the worst year of my entire life. I don’t know what 2010 will bring…I guess we never do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inside Bill's Head -- Previously Known as (Inside the Head of a Grieving Single Dad)

In August of 2009 my wife Jennifer passed away from an Anaplastic Astrocytoma Brain Tumor. She was only 38 years old. She left me and our two little girls Abbie and Allie to continue life’s journey.

I promised her that I would NOT become angry and bitter about what happened...in order to do that I am attempting to write to express my thoughts and feelings.


This site is a place where I can express my thoughts, feelings and rants...