Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Inspiration

This sounds funny but in the past when I have needed some inspiration there is one place that always gave me some…the Art museum. I’m thinking a trip…alone…to the museum is long overdue.


The holidays are over…I survived….I had to for my girls sake.

The grey winter continues…I will make it…even if I am just going through the motions.

I need some inspiration.


This weekend the girls are both going to a sleep over. I think a trip to the museum is in order. Will it be a little bitter sweet, of course, but I need it. One of the best memories I have is taking Jen to the Philadelphia Art Museum when we lived back in NJ.



Jen wasn’t a real Art Museum type person when we first me, and she told me so. I had been there so many times that I felt pretty confident in telling her “let me show you the museum then tell me what you think”. We walked through each room, the various galleries and I told her little tidbits about each painting, a certain room, a piece of furniture etc. Even I was a little impressed with how much I knew about the museum. When we left she said that it was an awesome day. I didn’t know if she was just saying that to be nice or what. About a month later she said she needed to get out and feel “inspired”…she asked to go back to the museum…that was very cool.



I’m not driving back to Philly, but I think a trip to the Carnegie is in order. I need some “inspiration”!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inside Bill's Head -- Previously Known as (Inside the Head of a Grieving Single Dad)

In August of 2009 my wife Jennifer passed away from an Anaplastic Astrocytoma Brain Tumor. She was only 38 years old. She left me and our two little girls Abbie and Allie to continue life’s journey.

I promised her that I would NOT become angry and bitter about what happened...in order to do that I am attempting to write to express my thoughts and feelings.


This site is a place where I can express my thoughts, feelings and rants...