Monday, June 7, 2010

In No Particular Order

Here are some ramblings in…no particular order…


Memory Quilt

We (the girls and I) made our piece of the memory quilt for the Caring Place last week. (See the photo below)





The girls picked out all the items to place around the picture. Each little thing represents something important about Jen, the girls and me. Jen always called Abbie her “rainbow” and Allie her “sunshine” so that was a no brainer. The folks at the Caring Place take all the different pieces and make one big quilt – we get to see it tomorrow night. We made it together, the three of us and it was nice to do...tough, but nice.


Soccer

Soccer season has come to an end, both girls did awesome and I’m very proud of both of them. We had a pizza party and handed out the trophies - it was nice. I couldn't help to think back to a year ago, to last year's soccer pizza party. It was the last thing we did together as a family. Three weeks after soccer ended Jen lost the ability to speak and then walk. The next few months are going to be filled with these type of memories for me...it's going to be a long summer.


Crazy Month

My crazy month of attempting to relive some of my younger days is over. I crossed that big pond called the Atlantic and went to Portugal - had an awesome trip. I turned around two days after getting back and drove out to my cousin's house in New Jersey and then we went to game five of the Eastern Conference Finals and saw the Flyers defeat Montreal. Awesome time, awesome game...was good to see my cousin again. Finally, I survived my buddy’s 40th birthday weekend of acting stupid, having some adult beverages and a couple rounds of golf. All and all quite a busy, exhausting but very fun filled last few weeks.


School is Out

School ends later this week so let the summer days begin…oh, to be a kid again and get to spend all summer at the pool, camp, hanging out...I WAS going to insert a teacher joke here...but since I have 8 different friends who are teachers or are married to a teacher...I decided against it.


That's it for now...I am trying hard to stay positive...to focus on the good times...and to not think to much...





4 comments:

  1. WOW!!! congrates for your trophy and may be you really enjoyed a party lol!!! yea true this is good to have proud on girls....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the memory quilt photo. The items around it are so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Bill,

    The memory quilt shows such a sparkling beautiful person~. Jen's personality shines out from her face & smile. Seeing her surrounded by the pictures, designs, & icons, that meant something to her, shows even more how much see meant, and still means, to you and others.

    I'm glad for your 'crazy month'. Sounded so fun~ Especially the trip to Portugal! I think the mind and body needs to have those very busy, but fun times, to help us with making our existence brighter. I hope you'll be able to continue letting loose here & there, especially when some tough summer thoughts might bring you down.

    Btw, I'd like to hear a teacher joke too, one of my brothers, Ben, is a professor at a University and I like to tease him because he tells 'computer guy' jokes to us. Maybe I'll have to look up a few. ;)

    take care~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet quilt:)

    Thanks for sparing us the comment about how teachers have the life (ha) w/ a 3 month vacation.

    Hang in there w/ the summer, Bill! Mollie's loss of routine is a nightmare for us, so I don't look forward to it (even though I have off).

    ReplyDelete

Inside Bill's Head -- Previously Known as (Inside the Head of a Grieving Single Dad)

In August of 2009 my wife Jennifer passed away from an Anaplastic Astrocytoma Brain Tumor. She was only 38 years old. She left me and our two little girls Abbie and Allie to continue life’s journey.

I promised her that I would NOT become angry and bitter about what happened...in order to do that I am attempting to write to express my thoughts and feelings.


This site is a place where I can express my thoughts, feelings and rants...