Tuesday, November 17, 2009

First Blog Entry - a day I will NEVER forget - October 30, 2007

Where to begin...I have created this blog site in order to find a way to express myself, a way to let out some of the pain and frustration that I have been feeling. In order to do that let me start with a day that forever changed my life, October 30, 2007, the day the brain tumor was officially discovered inside my wife Jennifer.

I will never forget how "matter of fact" the doctor sounded when he told us that the found something on her brain MRI. That she should needed a brain biopsy in order to confirm the exact type of brain tumor she had. How based on what they currently saw we shouldn't panic but the sooner the better for the biopsy.

Three weeks later she had the biopsy and the official diagnosis was given to us, an Anaplastic Astrocytoma grade 3/4 brain tumor. My heart raced and I felt like everything was in slow motion. They informed us that due to the location of the tumor it was inoperable. November 2007...our lives, the lives of our two small children and families changed forever.


1 comment:

  1. We never talked much about how you and Jen met. Glad you put it here. I look forward to all of the future posts about the girls, too.

    ReplyDelete

Inside Bill's Head -- Previously Known as (Inside the Head of a Grieving Single Dad)

In August of 2009 my wife Jennifer passed away from an Anaplastic Astrocytoma Brain Tumor. She was only 38 years old. She left me and our two little girls Abbie and Allie to continue life’s journey.

I promised her that I would NOT become angry and bitter about what happened...in order to do that I am attempting to write to express my thoughts and feelings.


This site is a place where I can express my thoughts, feelings and rants...